Pro Grass Grand Static Grass Applicator
- The ultimate static grass applicator
- Ideal for creating detailed and realistic grass layers suitable for any wargaming battleboard, diorama or larger model base
- Supplied with three interchangeable heads for use with different lengths of grass from 1mm – 12mm
- For best results, use with WWS Basing Glue & Layering Spray
- Awarded Best Static Grass Applicator by Model Rail Magazine
The Pro Grass Static Applicator uses a static electrical current to charge the static grass fibres, causing them to arrange in a vertical position on your selected surface, giving a realistic 3D effect. The Applicator is efficient with superb results (see images), wireless and only requires a 9v battery (so no unnecessary cables). With a lightweight design, yet robust and versatile. It is time-saving (quicker than manually applying static grass – with better results) and has an illuminating on/off switch so you know when in use. The Pro Grass Applicator can be used for: Quickly flocking small and vast areas Making grass tufts Adding detail to larger miniature model bases With the addition of our 3 applicator hopper heads in sizes small, medium and large, the applicator can be used with static grass fibres from 1mm to 12mm in length, enabling the user to achieve a realistic layered grass effect on any model railway layout, wargaming battleboard, model base or diorama. Full detailed instructions are also supplied, and we also have tutorial videos available online.
Made in the UK
Check out our article explaining the differences between all our Pro Grass Applicators and the one about the Pro Grass Layering System that explains how to lay grass and how to use the applicator.
We also recommend watching this video from Martyn, WWScenics director, showing how to use the applicator.
How do I check that my Applicator is working?
To check the applicator is not faulty:
- Put the battery in and turn on the switch, the light should turn on
- Once turned on, put the crocodile clip in the hopper, if you can see some spark/an electric noise
If the applicator meets both requirements, then it is working.
Do you have any tips on how to use the Applicator? I can’t make the grass stand properly, any advice?
Here are some key things for you to check when using the applicator to apply static grass:
- Use a powerful brand-new battery (PP3 9V battery).
- Do not fill the hopper with too much grass, as the grass needs to have space to move.
- Only apply a smear of basing glue on the required area and make sure to apply the basing grass before it dries. Room temperature can affect this.
- Do not apply too much basing grass to the area. If you cover the basing glue with too much grass it will not stand but get all flat.
- Once you have applied the basing grass and can’t see the basing glue anymore, wait until the basing glue dries and add some layering spray adhesive before applying the layering grass.
- Make sure the crocodile clip is near the applicator’s head when applying the grass.
We also recommend you watch this video showing how to use the applicator.
4 stars 0
3 stars 0
2 stars 0
1 star 0
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.
2 reviews for Pro Grass Grand Static Grass Applicator